BitShares Token Listed on Lykke Exchange
Lykke, a Fintech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, and BitShares, a decentralized financial exchange technology, announced plans, on Friday, to make the BitShares core asset, the BTS token, available for trade on the Lykke Exchange and to implement the BitShares blockchain on the Lykke platform.
Investors will now be able to buy and sell BTS alongside other currencies, crypto and fiat, according to the company’s statement.
This listing means a significant expansion for BTS, said the statement. As one of the oldest, decentralized blockchains, BitShares claims a transaction volume that is higher than BTC and ETH combined. It aims to provide a high-performance, decentralized financial exchange for cryptocurrencies and other digital assets. The network seeks to offer price stability through SmartCoins, whose value is tied to that of another asset, such as USD, and is fully backed by the BitShares-native BTS token.
Lykke is a cryptocurrency exchange and wallet, headquartered in Switzerland, according to data from Token Report. Lykke announced, last Tuesday, that it would list the Bancor network token (BNT) on its exchange.
Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO stated, “We are delighted to be partnering with BitShares Blockchain Foundation. Innovative ideas, for a fast, decentralized, scalable exchange that actively promotes price-stable conditions, will undoubtedly shape the future of our industry.”
Fabian Schuh, CTO, and Annemieke Dirkes, CEO at BlockchainProjects BV (and the official spokesperson for the BitShares Blockchain Foundation), both stated that they are looking forward to bringing the collaboration with Lykke to fruition. “A great opportunity for BTS holders! The collaboration with the entire Lykke team is off to a great start, and we all look forward to the listing,” said Dirkes.
The BitShares Blockchain Foundation is registered in the Netherlands.
For more information on Bitshares, visit: http://bitshares.foundation
For more information on Lykke, visit https://lykke.com
- Ripple Partners With LianLian to Power Instant Payments to China - February 7, 2018
- Forbes: The 20 Wealthiest People in Crypto - February 7, 2018
- Current Media Closes $36m Private Sale, Readies Airdrop - February 6, 2018
- Sweetbridge Builds Dual-Token System to Increase Liquidity, Adds Don Tapscott as Advisor - February 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Electroneum: First Cryptocurrency to Join GSMA - February 5, 2018
- BitShares Token Listed on Lykke Exchange - February 5, 2018
- TBSx3 Launches Consortium With Freight Industry Giants to Fight Trade in Fake Goods with Blockchain - February 5, 2018
- Nexus Blockchain Teams up With SingularityNET, the Platform Behind Sophia the Robot - February 5, 2018
- Tokenized Characters for Smart Contract-based Reality Show Launched - February 2, 2018
- Stablecoin Havven Gets set to Airdrop 2 Million Tokens - February 2, 2018
- Venzee and BTL Team up to Simplify Blockchain Integration - February 2, 2018
- First Satellite in Spacechain’s Blockchain Network is set for Launch - February 1, 2018
- SEC Halts AriseBank ICO, Alleges Scam - January 30, 2018
- Hayver leverages blockchain to fight addiction - January 30, 2018
- IoT Platform MyBit Partners With Alpine for Sustainable Mining - January 30, 2018
- Midex Launches Crypto Exchange With Free Bitcoin - January 29, 2018
- æternity and Erlang Team up to Tackle Blockchain Scalability - January 29, 2018
- Robot Cache and WAX Form Strategic Alliance, Target Game Industry With Blockchain - January 25, 2018
- Asset-backed Stablecoin TrueUSD Launches - January 25, 2018
- Siglo’s Protocol for Free Mobile Airtime Launches on Ethereum Blockchain - January 23, 2018
We'll write rarely, but only the best content.